The Stonyhurst Tennis Academy ran for the first time in 2018 and proved a huge success, and as such will run for a second year in 2019. The course combines English learning with interactive tennis instruction for international students.
The two-week residential English Language & Tennis course is designed for international boys and girls, aged 10 – 16 years, who are looking to improve their English language skills alongside tennis tuition.
Students will join the Language School for English lessons in the mornings, as well as daily evening activities, 4 excursions during the two- week course, meal times and accommodation. In the afternoon, the Tennis Academy students will get intensive tennis coaching in the College’s brand new, indoor tennis dome, led by a Level 4, LTA Senior Performance Tennis Coach.
The course is aimed at students who have a pre-intermediate to advanced ability of tennis. Students will be expected to have a basic understanding of techniques, movements and rules of the game. An elementary standard of English Language skills is also required.
Course Dates: Friday 19 July – Friday 2 August 2019
Classes operate on each day apart from excursions days
Morning English lessons are from 09:00 – 12:40 (includes a 20 minute break)
Tennis Academy lessons are from 13:40 – 18:00 (includes a 20 minute break)
Homework (2 evenings per week) is from 19:15 – 20:00
Evening Entertainment is from 19:15 – 21:30 (20:00 – 21:30 on homework evenings)
- English Teaching hours per week – 17 hours
- Tennis Teaching hours per week – 15 hours
- English tuition in 5 ability levels. (We do not accept beginners of English)
- Age range 10-16
- English and Tennis teaching adapted to your child’s needs.
- Progress tests to ensure children are fully connected with their learning experience.
- Non-teaching days – 1 full day and 1 half day per week
- Minimum enrolment age – 10
- Maximum enrolment age – 16
- Maximum English class size – 12
Maximum numbers for this specialist course are 40, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
The two week course is priced at £2,725 and discounts are available for siblings.
Please complete the online enquiry form to reserve a place.
With high performance facilities including a state of the art tennis dome and a variety of outdoor courts, Stonyhurst has the perfect location for a residential Tennis Academy. The dome is 10m high and offers two Grand Slam size tennis courts, with high-performing acoustics and glare-free playing conditions. The facilities, combined with the quality training programme offered at Stonyhurst, will help to develop the next generation of players.
The high performance training programme will be led by a Level 4, LTA Senior Performance Tennis Coach. The course is aimed at students who have a pre-intermediate to advanced ability of tennis.
Students will be expected to have a basic understanding of the techniques, movements and rules of the game. An elementary standard of English Language skills is also required.
What will the programme cover?
- Professional, energetic and enthusiastic coaching
- Small tuition groups, according to age and experience, enables individual attention
- Staff to student ratio of 1:8
- Stroke improvement, footwork and tactical awareness, positional play and spin techniques
- Building stamina, strength and agility
- End of course assessment and written report
The Stonyhurst Tennis Academy provides the perfect environment for tennis players from around the world to join together and thrive!
“The technical instructions were so professional, my son really enjoyed your excellent Tennis Academy!” (Parent, Germany)