The Stonyhurst Language School offers an unrivalled opportunity to students with a target age range of 10-16 to improve your child’s English Language skills in a stunning and historic English setting. It also represents an excellent introduction to life at Stonyhurst College, the co-educational boarding school founded by the Jesuits in 1593, in 2,500 acres of Britain’s most beautiful countryside.
Stonyhurst Language Course offers:
- Small class sizes – average 10, maximum 12 pupils per teacher.
- Tuition in 5 ability levels.
- Two age ranges ‘Young Juniors 10-13’ and ‘Juniors 14-16’.
- Teaching adapted to your child’s needs.
- 23 hours of classroom teaching each week.
- Qualified staff, directly employed by Stonyhurst College.
- Progress tests to ensure children are fully connected with their learning experience.
- 2 homework periods of 45 minutes each per week, supported and supervised by teachers.
- All educational materials included (your child will be provided with a course book which they can take home).
- Supervised afternoon recreation and evening entertainment.
- Two full-day and two half-day fun-filled excursions per course.
- English spoken throughout to reinforce learning and increase confidence.
Stonyhurst Campus offers:
- Premium quality accommodation.
- Single or twin-bedded study rooms.
- En-suite shower rooms or adjacent wash and toilet facilities.
- Nutritious meal choices in our modern refectory.
- Packed lunches for trips.
- Regular laundry.
- Opportunities for prayer and attendance at Sunday Mass.
- Campus sports facilities include all-weather pitch, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts & indoor tennis dome, shooting range, 9-hole golf course.
We also offer FREE escorted transfers to/from Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds/Bradford Airport between 10:00h – 18:00h and include personal travel insurance in our fees.